Knee joint adduction moment

Hi
I want to study the gait of patients with knee osteoarthritis.The adduction moment is a good evaluation indicator.Can you tell me how to calculate the knee jonit adduction moment in Anybody? Any help would be great appreciate.

Best wishes
babaozhou

Look here for all the knee moments:

Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Right.Leg.MomentMeasure.KneeNetMoment.M

Then select the component corresponding to the moment about the anterior-posterior axis. So if this is the x-axis then you would use:

(Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Right.Leg.MomentMeasure.KneeNetMoment.M*ref.Axes)[0]

Best Regards,
Christine

Hi Christine
Thank you for your answer. In Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Right.Leg.MomentMeasure.KneeNetMoment. Can you tell me what does F and M and ref mean? And what is the difference between KneeNetMoment and KneeFlexion in SelectedOutput? Any help would be great appreciate. Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
babaozhou

Hi babaozhou,

F-force
M-Moment
ref- reference frame

KneeNetMoment is a vector consisting of the three knee joint moments, while KneeFlexion is only the knee flexion moment.

Best Regards,
Christine

Hi Christine
Thank you for your reply. So KneeNetMoment will include the knee flexion moment? I compared it and found that there is no curve in KneeNetMoment that coincides with KneeFlexion. Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
babaozhou

Hi babaozhou,

That is because these two measures are in different reference frames. Remember the KneeFlexion is equal to this:

Best regards,
Christine

Hi babaozhou!

My name is Simon. Hope you are making much progress in your simulation with Knee Osteoarthritis.

I'm also studying about the biomechanics of knee OA. May I invite you to our research groups? We may have a lot common interests and make more progress in this exciting field!

My contact information is:

WECHAT: simonma190
email: simonma521@gmail.com

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.