Knee Osteoarthritis data for gait analysis

Hello all,

My name is Simon and I'm now studying on biomechanics and how the powered exoskeleton could assist in walking of individuals with Knee OA.

Could any of you give me some advice how to get the knee OA gait data, because I would like to simulate the effects of exoskeleton (provide torque in extension and flexion during walking) on knee OA (joint load, contact force, moment, muscle activity, etc.).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Simon

Hi Simon,

From your description i am unsure if you specifically need data like a C3D file with OA gait data or you need information on how to create a model.

If you apply the powered exoskeleton on an AnyBody model you would be able to simulate the effect the applied torques on the knee forces.

We do not specifically have OA gait data available in the model repository, but you would be able to apply the exoskeleton the gait model and see the effect of it.

Best regards
Søren

Dear Mr. Søren,

I'm looking for the specific knee OA gait data, since we would like to have a clue on the effects of powered exoskeleton on knee OA.

From your reply "We do not specifically have OA gait data available in the model repository, but you would be able to apply the exoskeleton the gait model and see the effect of it."
Do you mean the effect of powered exo on able-bodied? since we don't have the knee OA gait at this moment?

Thank you very much for your reply!

Best regards,

Simon

Hi Simon,

We do not have a C3D file with gait data from an OA patient in the model repository, but we have data from able-bodied.

Using this gait model you can attach a powered exo and see the difference in the knee forces. This model would assume the motion to be unchanged and driven by the recorded motion from the able-bodied.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Best regards
Søren

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.