Managing folder for different c3d files

Dear all,.

Hai, my name is Adhi, and I am new to this forum, now I am starting to learn how to make model using anybody and c3d file. the first model is done very well by the help of michael skipper, and it turns me into this question.

I have several c3d files that need to be modeled using anybody application. As far as I know, we need all the files in folder AMMRV.1.3.1 for one model. Do you have any suggestion the way I can do modeling with several c3d files? do I have to copy all AMMRV folder to every single c3d file? meaning that if I have 20 c3d files, then will I have to make the copy of AMMRV folder 20 times?

Thanks for the sharing

Regards
Adhi D Wibawa
Groningen, NL

Hi Adhi,

I guess you are using the C3DProject example from the Repository as a template for your models.
If so, you can put all your .C3D files in the folder MyC3DData with individual names. You can then include the .C3D file that you want to run in the file TrialSpecificData.any.

Best regards
Amir

Amir Al-Munajjed, AnyBody Support

Please provide AMMR and AMS version numbers in case you send a debug model. The folder structure should follow the standard in the AMMR. This makes it a lot easier for us to answer your questions faster.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Consider to subscribe [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]to a forum[/FONT][FONT=Verdana], click the ‘Forum[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Tools’ link above the list of threads then select ‘Subscribe [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]to[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] Forum[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]’.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Hai Amir,.

Thanks for sharing, I used Gaitlowerextremity.main in examples folder (under AMMRV1.3.1 version folder). So, I am not sure whether what you mean by C3Dproject example is similar to the same folder as I used.

Btw, what is C3Dproject example?

So, in my case, should I make a copy of the file: gaitlowerextremity.main for each of c3d file into different folder?

I have another question:

1. in which part of tutorial, we can study the graph as the output of our simulation?
  2. From the file : TrialSpecificdata.any, we can define the duration of the frame of our c3d file that need to be analyzed in anybody simulation, like what I showed below. The question is, when I define the frame start at : 130, and ends at : 448, meaning that the number of frames that need to be calculated was only (448-130) = 318 frames, while when I checked on the graph, the length of the graph was still as the number of frames in whole c3d file (which is 533 frames).

Can you explain to me why did it happen?
Then what is the function we define the duration of the frames in Trialspecific.any file?

Thanks again for sharing

Regards
Adhi D Wibawa
Groningen, NL

//Starting time for the analysis calculated from C3D data but can be changed is needed
AnyFloatVar tStart = 130/Main.ModelSetup.C3DFileData.Header.VideoFrameRate;
//End time for the analysis calculated from C3D data but can be changed is needed
AnyFloatVar tEnd = 448/Main.ModelSetup.C3DFileData.Header.VideoFrameRate-0.1;

Hi Adhi,

The GaitLowerExtremity file is fine as well. You don’t have to copy the main file, you only change the include command in the TrialSpecificData.any file for each analysis you make and save the results once you’re finished.
Your second question about the time:
You can change the tStart and tEnd as you made it, but if you want less steps, you have to change also the number of steps. So there is an
nStep=LastFrame - FirstFrame;
command in the ModelSetup file.

Best regards
Amir

Amir Al-Munajjed, AnyBody Support

Please provide AMMR and AMS version numbers in case you send a debug model. The folder structure should follow the standard in the AMMR. This makes it a lot easier for us to answer your questions faster.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Consider to subscribe [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]to a forum[/FONT][FONT=Verdana], click the ‘Forum[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Tools’ link above the list of threads then select ‘Subscribe [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]to[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] Forum[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]’.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Dear Amir,.

Thanks again for your sharing,

Btw, 1. how can I save the output file? after running the inverse dynamic analysis
2. about copying main file, you suggest I still use the same main file. but, the case is my c3d file is different in action, meaning that I need different design of model.

So, like in my case, should I copy all folder of AMMRV or just the folder gaitlowerextremity?

Thanks for sharing

Regards
Adhi

Adhi,

1. You can save the output file by right-clicking on Output (Main/Studies/InverseDynamicsStudy) in the Model tree. It’s then the same way to load the results again.

2. In most cases you can leave the main file and maybe outcomment unwanted commands. I would say the majority of the AnyBody users does that. However, copying the folder is also possible. This depends on what files you want to change (only files that are located in the GaitLowerExtremity folder, or also those from the Body folder).

If you want a more detailed answer, you need to provide further details