Maximum isometric strength F0 in simple muscle model

Hello,
my thesis is dealing with different criteria of muscle recruitment. In my study i am concentrating on stationary models. So, i also looked into the anybody muscle models.
I realized that one is able to calculate F0 with the help of the Hill model, but what happens by using the simple model. In the tutorials for the muscle model i found that anybody has defined values for F0. So basically, i would like to know how F0 is calculated or assumed by anybody and to which paper/source are these values/calculations refered.

Thank you for your help.
Best regards
Fabian

1 Like

Hi Fabian,

The F0 is also derived from the available data, for example, for the short head of biceps:

AnyMuscleModel biceps_brachii_caput_breve = {
AnyVar PCSA = 172.000000; // mm^2 VU study
F0 = .StrengthScaleHumerus * PCSA *.ConstParam.MusStress;
};

And there are a lot of different papers to refer to as the body parts come from different studies. If you are interested in a particular body part - try double-clicking on the muscle of interest and read about the MusMdl element (the muscle model), which typically shows how the expression of how the strength is computed, you may also find ref. papers in the same file.

For example, for the arm, open:
AMMR.v2.3.0-Demo\Body\AAUHuman\Arm\Muscle-parameters-shoulder-simple.any

Also visit documentation page for the AMMR - it has most if not all references used to create the human body model:
https://anyscript.org/ammr-doc/body/shoulder_arm_model.html

Kind regards,
Pavel

Hi Pavel,
thank you for you fast answer.
You have helped me a lot. I am especially looking for the parameters of muscles which influence the hip joint reaction force.

Kind regards,
Fabian

You are then interested in the muscles spanning over the hip joint. Have a look here to find relevant muscle strengths: AMMR.v2.3.0-Demo\Body\AAUHuman\LegTLEM\MusMdl*.any files to see leg muscles. And here for references.

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.