Muscle Overload Problem

Dear AnyBody:

Hello, I am a master, studying in Qufu Normal University(China,ShanDong Provience). Rencently,im trying to learn AnyBoy software. I used Standing Model to simulate the barbell DeadLift movement. I tried to apply -150N load in y direction on both hands (no barbell STL file was imported). After clicking the calibration button, some activity occurred in the limbs of the model, and then the real simulation began. At first, the effect of the model looked good, but later the problem of bicep OverLoad appeared. I don't know what the situation was. I tried two muscle recruitment strategies, including MinMaxAux and polynomials, but the situation failed to improve.I hope someone can help me. Thank you very much.

Kind Regards

YangChen

Hi YangChen,

The standingmodel is a static model and with one timestep. Please describe in more detail how you have modified this model to become dynamic and how the loads are applied.
What are the tEnd value? is it possible the motion is too fast?

Best regards
Søren

Dear Mr.Søren:

My personal computer is using version 4.0. The Standing Model of this version can enter JointsDrivers and use the command-driven Model for movement. I adjusted the starting Angle of Hip Flexion to 110 degrees and the movement speed to -16, the starting Angle of Knee Flexion to 90 degrees and the movement speed to -13, the starting Angle of GHD Flexion to 45 degrees and the movement speed to -6 and the nstep to 60. Although I don't know if this is the right setup, the model looks just like the real deadlift movement when it runs (except for the problem of overloading). In addition, I searched the forum and found that I could increase the muscle strength (90-150). After I did this, the problem of biceps overload was postponed to the time when the movement was about to be completed. However, I think this is still unreasonable, because the load of hands is only -150N, which should be very easy for a normal person.

By the way, in the 7.2 version of our school laboratory, I found that there is a big difference between the JointAndDrivers folder of the Standing Model and the 4.0 version. The 7.2 version is more concise. And it seems impossible to use commands to drive the model. Can you tell me what changes have taken place in this Model?

Kind Regards

Hi YangChen,

If your school has version 7.2 why do you use version 4.0?, do you have a personal license for version 4.0?

I have tried to look up your affiliation up in our system, but you have given the affiliation with Chinese characters, please change this.

I can not list all differences between version 4.0 and 7.2 please view release webcasts for details, there is about 11 years of development between these versions.

The new version has many improvements particularly for the shoulder. I do not understand the comment saying that you can not use commands to drive the model, please be more specific.

Best regards
Søren

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.