Problems drawing the muscles

Hello everyone,

We suddenly have the problem with our MoCap models that neither the stick figure model nor the musculature is drawn in.
We had to install AnyBody Modeling Software on a new computer. Before that happened, everything was running smoothly. But I hardly think it is a problem with the computer?
I have already read that there is a similar problem when working with Team Viewer or similar programs. But we do not do this.
I hope someone can help us here.

Many thanks in advance,
Leandra

Hi Leandra,

It sounds a bit strange.

We need a little more info:

1. Do you see this problem missing muscles on all models in AMMR or only this model?
  2. In the ModelTree do you see the muscles present?
  3. Which AMS version are you using
  4. Was the AMMR modified, if so please try to load an original model
  5. Please try in windows to shift the graphics card being used for AMS, if you have two graphics cards for the pc (but I do not think that this could be the problem)

Best regards
Søren

Hi Søren,

Thanks for your reply. I also think it's strange…

1. We have the problem in every model. We tried to load the Bike Model from AMMR 2.1.1 and the cross trainer model from AMMR 2.2.3
  2. In the ModelTree I can see the muscles. Also after running the inverse Dynamics, I can see the calculation of every muscle
  3. We are using AMS Version 7.2
  4. We also loaded an original model
  5. There is only one graphic card

I hope this information helps you to understand our problem.

Best regards,
Leandra

Hi Leandra,

Thanks for the extra information and pictures, we have just tired to replicate the problem here but we have not been able to do this.

I would like you to try one more thing, please go to the Demo tab and install a fresh version of the AMMR, the only explanation we can think of at the moment is if the muscle visualization has been switched off by accident in the script.

Alternatively try to load this small model from the muscle tutorial

https://anyscript.org/tutorials/_downloads/3ebc5ee20f120bb58af25ec7bbe0b0a1/MuscleDemo.1.any

and let us know if you see the muscles.

Best regards
Søren

Hi Søren,

Thanks for your reply.

We just installed a fresh version of the AMMR and used the MuscleDemo from the tutorial.
I think, we still don't see any muscles.

Here's a screenshot of the script and the model.
Maybe we should uninstall and reinstall the whole software?

I hope you can help us.

Best regards,
Leandra

Hi Leandra,

It is a rather strange behavior we have not seen earlier.

I have constructed a small model, which contains a few more drawing elements please try to load it and show the picture.

Please also let us know exact version number of AnyBody so the full number displayed in the about box found under help.

Finally if you could send us the specifications on the graphics it would help.

Best regards
Søren

GraphicsElementTest.any (2.2 KB)

Hi Søren,

Thanks for your reply,
We loaded the small model, and again: no muscles..

This is the AnyBody Version:
AnyBody version : 7. 2. 3. 7075 (64-bit version) Build : 18214.44040

We don't know what you mean with "specifications on the graphics".
If we look at the output of the muscle activity, we definitely see an activity.

Best regards
Leandra

Hi Leandra,

Thanks for the image, sorry for not being specific on the graphics, what I meant was the specifications on the graphics card on the pc, so the specific name of it etc.

We did not expect the muscles to show up here, it was just to provide more information to us, to be able to seek a solution.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards
Søren

Hi Søren,

We asked our IT representative for help and found out that although there is a graphic card on board but there was no additional one in the new computer. So we added and installed an additional graphics card and now we can see the muscles everywhere again.
We are very sorry that we have kept you busy with such a problem. But maybe it will help other users in the future.

Thank you a lot for your help.

Best regards,
Leandra

Hi Leandra,

No problem

The reason why we asked for the details of the graphics card was because we suspected that it would need an updated driver, but installing the new graphics card would of course do the same :wink:

It would still be valuable for us to know the details of the built in graphics card that have the problem.

Best regards
Søren

Hi Søren,

Since we installed the external graphics card, we can no longer directly access the information of the on-board graphics card. But I have here the information about our processor and the information from Dell about the computer. I hope this helps you in some way. I'm sorry the information is in German. If you have any further questions about the graphics card, please contact me.

Thanks again for the good support.

Prozessor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31245 @ 3.30GHz, 3301 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 8 logische(r) Prozessor(en)

Best regards
Leandra

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.