Squat Model - Moving Arms

Hi all,

I am a mechanical engineering student investigating the effects of altering squat stance for a barbell squat. I am using the squat model and am unsure how to move the arms into a position to hold the barbell, with the forearms perpendicular to the ground. Does anyone know an easy way to do this? Many thanks

Hi @stchloe - and welcome to the forum!

The squat model have a Mannequin.any file where you can alter the load position of the arms.
It also have a RightArmArmDrivers.any and a LeftArmDrivers.any file that specify what the arms do during the simulation - it defaults to just keeping the posture defined in the mannequin file.

If you haven't seen our tutorials here is a link:
https://anyscript.org/tutorials/index.html

I would suggest to complete number 2, 3 and 11 - that should give some ideas and example of most of what you need.

Best regards,
Bjørn

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for the reply. I have managed to alter the elbows and wrists but for some reason cannot alter the sternoclavicular protraction, rotation or elevation. These seem to be controlled by a clavicular rhythm but I cannot find how to turn this off so that I can input the values I want.

Hi @stchloe

Those degree of freedom are part of the shoulder rhythm and you need to disable the BM_ARM_SHOULDER_RHYTHM which you can find in the BodyModelConfiguration.any file.

Best regards,
Bjørn

Hi Bjorn,

This is extremely helpful, thank you very much!

Another issue I seem to have encountered is that my libdef.any file has corrupted and I cannot find the correct original version required to run the model.

Do you happen to know where I can download this individual file without having to download the entire AMMR again?

Many thanks,
Chloe

Hi @stchloe

You should be able to find a complete version of your AMMR in the AnyBody install directory.
It is normaly located at C:\Program Files\AnyBody Technology\AnyBody.7.3\AMMR where the version number is of course dependent on your version.

Best regards,
Bjørn

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.