STL files of the spine (Thorax)

Hello,

I have a question about the original STL files of the spine, especially the thorax.

At first my background / what I already did:
For my masterthesis I am working on the “SpineFixationWFDKinematics” Model at the moment. I would like to simulate different static postures with the input of every single vertebrae. For that I set the rhythm of the lumbar and the cervical spine off. I implemented new code lines to have the opportunity to change the orientation of every single vertebra (like in other comments written).

Now I would like to work on the thorax. I read all the comments and know that it is not that easy to change the rigid segment.

My question:
Is it possible to work with the STL files of the spine and where can I find them?
We can see the individual vertebrae (T1-T12) and togehter with the ribs they build one rigid segment. But how can I work on the individual vertebrae as individual segments?

Please let me know, if I should explain it on a different way, I am a newbie.
Thanks in advance.

Best greetings
Juliana

Hi Juliana,

Unfortunately, the thoracic spine model is not public yet. We plan to release it later, but at this point you can probably contact research groups, who worked on this topic and request an access to their version.

Are you planning to do the analysis of loads in the thoracic spine or at this point you only want to define a posture? It is possible to do a morphing of the ribcage and define necessary posture this way, but this does not allow calculation of individual intervertebral forces.

Kind regards,
Pavel

Hi Pavel,
Thanks for your fast answer and the mentioned possibilities. I am going to try both of them.

You are right. I only need to define/implement different postures. I would like to compare the load on the individual lumbar vertebrae. But I am not planning to analyse the load of the thoracic spine.

Please, can you explain me in more detail what you mean with “morphing”. How can I implement this?

Best greetings
Juliana

Hi @Juliana

Here is some information about morphing

best regards,
Bjørn
AnyBody Technology