UpperLimb MoCap

Hello All,

I am trying to apply some motion data that I have acquired in the laboratory. It is only the right arm, so I have 16 markers distributed in the head, thorax, acromion, humerus (including elbow), radius (including wrist) and hand.

I am trying to reproduce the MoCap having the whole body Simplegait example as a template. I deleted the legs and the left arm and I fixed the hip with a standard joint to the global reference frame. Do I Upperlimb.zip (87.3 KB)
have to fix other joints? Shall I use standard joints or these kind of drivers:

AnyKinEqSimpleDriver PelvisGroundDriverPosX ={
AnyKinLinear lin ={
AnyFixedRefFrame &ref1 =Main.EnvironmentModel.GlobalRef;
AnySeg &ref2 =Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Trunk.SegmentsLumbar.PelvisSeg;
};
MeasureOrganizer = {0};
DriverPos={0};
DriverVel={0};
Reaction.Type={On};
};
I did both (applying drivers to all the directions and rotations. And it does not work.

I get an error saying that the Constraint *** is above tolerance.

Is it the way to go and I am missing something?

Is there any template for upper limb that I can already use?

Thank you very much, find the model attached.

Enric

Hi Enric,

I think the simplest solution will be to have softdrivers applied to all the joints you do not have markers driving.

Soft drivers can be introduced with this BM statement
#define BM_MANNEQUIN_DRIVER_DEFAULT ON

See more details here
https://anyscript.org/ammr-doc/bm_config/bm_statements.html#bm-mannequin-driver-default

This will add soft drivers to all joints, these drivers are weak, this should make the model run.

The next thing you might want to do is to disable some of these drivers for the joints which are essentially driven by markers. This can be done for each dof individually see this link

https://anyscript.org/ammr-doc/bm_config/mannequin.html

Hope it helps

Best regards
Søren

1 Like

Thank you !!! That has solved my problem.

Best,

Enric

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.