Exclude Bones MechObjectExclude problem

Hello,

Seems like the new version AnyBody 7.1 and AMMR 2.1.1 have difficulty to use the code MechObjectExclude. It showed the error below when using it.

ERROR(SCR.PRS9) : H:/Su…DM/A…n/M…s/DM/S…p/KneeExchange.any(18) : ‘MechObjectExclude’ : Unresolved object

I was wondering how to exclude the knee.

Any Help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Lee

Hi Lee,

To my knowledge there is no known issues with MechObjectExclude.

You would get the error you get if you tried to write MechObjectExclude in a location which is not directly inside the study folder…

So

AnyBodyStudy study ={
MechObjectExclude =….
};

is ok…

AnyBodyStudy study ={
 AnyFolder test ={
 MechObjectExclude =….

};
 };

is not ok.

Best regards
Søren

Hello,

I just noticed that and changed it.
I have another question: In Plug-in-gait Simple model, the study was divided into different parts.

AnyFolder Studies =
{

AnyOptKinStudy ParameterIdentification = 
{    
  #include "KinematicStudyForParameterIdentification.any"  
};

AnyKinStudy MarkerTracking = 
{ 
};

AnyBodyStudy InverseDynamicStudy = 
{ 
};

};

If I want to exclude the hinged knee to use the new knee, where should I put it since the MechObjectExclude are only applied in the anybody study part? If I put it in the InversrDynamicStudy, does that mean the parameter identification and MarkerTracking are not using that?

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Lee

All you have to do is use the following BM configuration:

#define BM_JOINT_TYPE_KNEE_RIGHT JOINT_TYPE_USERDEFINED
#define BM_JOINT_TYPE_KNEE_LEFT JOINT_TYPE_USERDEFINED

https://anyscript.org/ammr-doc/bm_config/joint_type.html

Towards the end of this webcast I demonstrate how to exclude the knee and reintroduce a user-defined version.

Best Regards,
Christine

1 Like

Hello,

I was wondering are the examples in your files mentioned in webcast based on the AMMR2.2.1 or older version.I’m currently using AnyBody 7.1 and AMMR2.1.1.
When I open the Mocap example, It showed the error:

Constructing model tree…
ERROR(SCR.PRS9) : C:/U…s/pc/D…p/AMMR/A…n/E…s/M…e/A…e/K…s/S…e/Femur_FitCylinders.any(13) : ‘GetVertices’ : Unresolved object
Model loading skipped

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Lee

Hi Lee,

The GetVertices is a new functionality that is not available in 7.1 as far i remember this explains the error you get.

Best regards
Søren

Hello,

Good to know. I"ll stick to the MechObjectExclude Function then.
In that case, if I want to replace the hinge knee of plug-in-gait model with the multibody model Marra did, where should I put it since there are only anybodystudy folder in inveseDynamicStudy?

Or I just create a new anybodystudy folder in front of the parameterIdentification and markertracking and inversedynamicstudy.

Best Regards,
Lee

Hi Lee,

As far as i understand your intensions i would make an additional AnyMechObjectExcluder in the InversedynamicStudy.

This excluder should remove the knee joint.

I would not make changes to parameteridentification and markertracking studies.

Best regards
Søren

Hello,

I’m trying to reconstruct the multibody knee model of Marra did in “A subject-specific musculoskeletal modeling framework to predict in vivo mechanics of total knee arthroplasty”.

Does what you said above means that the parameterIdentifcaition and markertracking have nothing to do with the new knee and I just leave it alone?

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Lee

Hi Lee,

If you want to use force dependent analysis for the knee joint, i would keep the parameter identification and motion tracking studies unchanged, it is not possible to do a force dependent analysis in a kinematic study. So you will use these studies to extract the motion, then replace the knee joint.

Best regards
Søren

Hi, Christine,

I followed your recommendation to redefine my own FDK knee joint using define BM_JOINT_TYPE_KNEE_RIGHT JOINT_TYPE_USERDEFINED

I noticed that the knee joint type changed for the whole process, aka, parameter identification, marker tracking, and inverse dynamics if I redefined my own FDK knee model. According to Søren and some papers said, parameter identification and marker tracking studies should keep unchanged.

Would this be a problem for the simulation?

Any help would be appreciated!
Best Regards,
Lee

Hi Lee,

You are correct, the BM statement will exclude the knee from all studies. If you want to only have it excluded from only the InverseDynamicStudy, like Søren suggests you will need to use the AnyMechObjectExcluder.

Best Regards,
Christine

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.