How to import CATIA model into AnyBody

Hi all,I have transform a file from CATIAPart into stl. But I don't know how to import it into Anybody and I need to integrate it with the SeatedHuman model. It really stumped me.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi @dyx

You can use the AnyDrawSTL class to visualize your file. You will need to attach it to a AnyRefFrame or derived class.

Best regards,
Bjørn

Hi @Bjorn
Thank you for your help.
Could you show me how to attach it?
And should I do that in Environment.any?

Maybe take some screeshots, it will be very useful for me.
Thank you for your kind assistance.
Best regards,
dyx

Hi @dyx

If you want the STL as a segment you can do something like this:

AnySeg MySegment = {
  Mass = 1;
  Jii = {1,1,1};
  AnyDrawSTL MyCadModel = {
    FileName = "Path/to/file.stl";
  };
};

This would be the simplest implementation.
You will need to make drivers, joints or kinematic constraints to the 6degrees of freedom for the AnySeg.
If you already have a segment or a AnyRefNode you can just include the AnyDrawSTL class in that.

The environment.any is a good place to put things like this.

I noticed that you are running a very old 4.x version of AnyBody - you should really consider to upgrade to get the new features. Many of the things we suggest here on the forum are also not supported in such an old version.

Best regards,
Bjørn

Thank you for you help. That really helps me.
But I'm afraid I don't have the ability to upgrade AnyBody to get the new features. Could you please help me again?
Your kind assistance will be much appreciated.
Best regards,
dyx

Hi @dyx

As mentioned, we cant do specific support for a 10+ year old version. You will probably have to adapt whatever you find on the forum to fit your version.
What issues are you facing?

Best regards,
Bjørn

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.