Questions about the AnyKnee model

Hi

I got this error when using Anyknee model: "ERROR (SCR.PRS9): E: /A..e/a..r/K..s/M..e/Femur_FitCylinders_MA.any (15): 'GetVertices ': Unresolved object ”. My Anybody version is 7.1.2.

And how do I use the AnyKnee model, is it just to replace my tibia and femur STL files? Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Best wishes
babaozhou

Hi Babaozhou,

I think the version you are using might be too old for this feature to be available, this is a recently added feature.

The short answer to the last question is no, it is not that simple. Please add some more details on which model you are referring to in AMMR and what you would like to do.

Best regards
Søren

Hi Søren

Thank you for your reply. I also want to ask how to check the medial and lateral reaction force of the knee joint. I only see the total JRF in the Jnt-Knee-Constrains-RefFrameOutput-F. I am studying osteoarthritis patients, so the value of the medial knee reaction force is very significant to me. Thank you in advance.

Best regards
babaozhou

Hi Babaozhou,

Please see this post:

It deals with this topic there might also be other posts on this topic.

Best regards
Søren

Hi,

It is possible to compute the medial and lateral contact forces in the knee. You can read one of my publications on this topic (title: Simultaneous estimation of the path, magnitude and orientation of the femorotibial contact forces using bone geometry constraints: an exploratory numerical study for the stance phase of gait).

However, correct me if I am wrong Soren, but there is no model that actually does that in the repository. Creating such model is not a trivial task. I may still have the model somewhere in my folders, so if you are interested, I can try to provide it to you. However, it is an old version of Anybody and its repository. It would require major corrections to the actual code to make it work with the new version of the software and/or repository.

Thus, it might be more simple to reproduce the method in the paper using the latest version and repository. If you have smoe skills in Anyscript language (really close to C++), you may be able to do it.

For any question about the paper, you can contact me at : po.lemieux@gmail.com

Regards.

Pierre-Olivier

Hi Pierre-Olivier

Thank you very much for your reply. I will read your article. Also if you can provide the code to me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Best regards
babaozhou

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.