Analogical Bone injury

I would like to cut out a portion of the vertebrae (L5) to simulate damage to the bone, not just visually, but more importantly to change the mechanical properties. May I know how to realize this? Thanks!

Hi Pengcheng,

You will have to probably look into the body model files and make changes to the mass, inertia properties of the L5 segment. Possibly also the centre of mass. You can do that in the SegmentsLumbar.any file. Depending on what you want to simulate, you may also want to change some reference nodes on the L5 segment? If you can give some more information on what you want simulate, then we can provide more relevant information.

Please note since you will need to make changes to the body model, please make sure that you don't have other models that use the same body model.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Dave

Thank you very much. How can I make modifications to the mass and inertia properties in the code?

Hi Pengcheng,

I am not sure I am following you completely. But as I mentioned, you can change the properties in the SegmentsLumbar.any file. You can find this in \Body\AAUHuman\Trunk folder. You will have to overwrite the existing properties written in the file.

Once again, I am not sure if doing just this will have any meaningful impact on your simulation. It really depends on what you want to simulate. For example, this will not change the kinematics of the model in any way.

Best regards,
Dave

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.