AnyFE2Abq not generating an output file

Hello!

I have worked through the tutorial for exporting anybody loads to abaqus, i can get this to work perfectly!
I also generated a mesh for the left shank and changed the variables to create an FE analysis on this bone instead using the same StandingModel.main file as used in the tutorial and this works as well.

However, i run into an issue when adapting the same methods to any different model other than the StandingModel.main; in that no .inp output file is being generated, i manage to generate the .xml force file in all other models but when running the ConvertToAbq study it just doesn't create this file for me.

I'm certain that i am putting the required code into the appropriate locations with the correct names etc as i have proved this to work with the StandingModel.main file.

is the plugin not able to be used with other models? if so im unsure where i have gone wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
George.

Hello,

Is your software still under maintenance? I believe AnyFE2Abq can only work during the maintenance period of the software.

Best regards,
Lee

1 Like

Hi Lee,

yes the licence is still under maintenance and is placed in the AnyFE2Abq folder next to the application. The program itself does work as i proved it with the StandingModel.main.

When running the study it prompts the command window but only briefly, and doesnt run the required code as you would expect.

Cheers,
George

Hi George,

It sounds as there are some path problems in the command line arguments. Could you run the converter from the command line instead? If it does run - most likely it is what i said.

If you could provide a short description of the structure of your files and the code snippet for conversion - I could have a look what is wrong.

Kind regards,
Pavel

1 Like

Hi Pavel,
i found out the problem i was running into was that i have been saving the directory and my anybody files onto my university one drive system.
Once i copied the same model onto my local computer hard drive this ran the application fine.
Thanks for your help with this matter, i believe it was a syncing issue with the .xml force file which wouldn't sync so therefore the executable couldn't identify it.

I was also wondering about how it is possible to define the abaqus executable to create a file which has all incremental time steps as in the anybody model itself.
For example, im using the LowerExtremity.main as an example from the MoCap folder. This created 10 increments across the 3.5 seconds of the analysis. is it possible to create more increments across this time period in the abaqus file to obtain more accurate analysis? i.e. instead of 10, the maximum.

Cheers,
George.

Hi George,

Good to hear. What about changing nStep in your relevant study?

Kind regards,
Pavel

1 Like

Hi Pavel.

Looking at the .inp file generated for abaqus it seems it has saved all the time steps in the study i require. But the analysis in abaqus only has 9 time increments instead of the 186 in the file.
i have attached the file here for clarity.

i'll look into this more i was just wondering if you knew why it was only displays 9 increments. It still shows it across the correct time period just at specified points.

Cheers,
George.

I believe that these are just the default settings.
Regards,
Pavel

1 Like

Hi Pavel, yes this was as simple as editing the step in abaqus.
Really appreciate your help with this issue.
Thanks very much.
George.

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.