Changing Bones in plug-in-gait model

kinematics

Hello,

When I tried to change the bone (femur) of the right leg (TLEM2) of plug-in-model, the left leg changed automatically, how should I do to solve it?

Thank you!

Hi @Nickel_Lee

The easiest solution is to hide the existing bones, and add new bone drawings individually to each leg.

The existing bones can be hidden by hiding it:

Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Right.Leg.Seg.Thigh.Drw3.Visible = Off;

or by setting a empty STL file.

Then you open up to the leg you want to change

Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Right.Leg.Seg.Thigh = {
  AnyDrawSurf NewBone=
  {
// Leave the STL suffix, so AMS automatically converts it to an AnySurfFile
    FileName = "MyNewBoneFile"; 
    ScaleXYZ = {1.0, 1.0, ...Sign*1.0}*1;
    RGB = ...ColorRef.Segments;
    Opacity = ...BonesOpacity.Thigh;
    AnyFunTransform3D &Scale =.Scale;
    Face=-1;
  };
};

But keep in mind that chaing the bone is only a visual thing. If you really need to make the model match you new bone things get much more complicated. See this tutorial:
https://anyscript.org/tutorials/dev/Scaling/index.html

Hello,

Thank you for your response.
I’ll try it later. I am wondering is it right that I change the bone using RBF scaling by this way? Or I have to include the function?
Thank you!

Best Wishes.
Lee

If you want the muscle insertions, joints, and wrapping surfaces to follow your bone you have to do real morphing. I am not an expert on that that, but I think it is not that easy. Otherwise, it will just be the visual appearance of the bone you are changing.

BW,

Good to Know.

I’ll try to include the scaling function into the model adjusting the muscle insertions, joints, and wrapping surfaces of my own bone.

Best Wishes!

Yes. Good luck. It is a bit difficult I think and I haven’t tried it my self. But there should be users on the forum who are experts, so hopefully you can still get some help if you run into problems.

Good to know. Thank you very much!

1 Like