Error in Loading GaitLowerExtremity

Hello,

I just follow the webcast “AnyGait: Getting quickly from mocap to individualized musculoskeletal analysis (John Rasmussen, 15. December, 2009)” and want to test it by myself. But without modify something, the main.any can`t be loaded in. There comes the following error:

ERROR(SCR.SCN6) : C:/D…n/a…n/A…n/A…y/A…x/A…1/A…n/M…s/G…y/CreateMarkerClass.any : ##X : Unexpected.

What could I do, to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot,

rob

Hi,

It will be better for you to upload your model on this board as a zip compress file.

Then we may be able to see what the problems are.

Best regards,
Moonki

Hi,
thanks for your reply. I use the AnyBody Repository V1.2 (getting the error with other versions, too).

source: http://forge.anyscript.org/gf/project/ammr/frs/

Thats why I cant understand this error - using the tutorial and repository and getting this error.

regards,
rob

Hi,

Then you are using the AMMRV1.2

Also would you tell us which version of AnyBody you are using?

And also I’d like to ask of you whether you did any modifications on the GaitLowerExtremity example in the AMMRV1.2 examples.

Best regards,
Moonki

Hello Moonki,

I use AnyBody V 4.0.2 and haven`t done some kind of modification on the example, instead of copying the folder into a new directory like it is shown in the webcast.

regards,

rob

Hi,

Unfortunately, AnyBody version 4.0.2 does not support the GaitLowerExtremity example in the AMMRV1.2 repository.

The GaitLowerExtremity example needs the kinematic solver for over-determinate systems. But this new solver can be supported at the AnyBody version 4.1 or later versions.

So I’m sorry but I’d like to recommend you to upgrade your AnyBody version.

Best regards,
Moonki

Hi,

thanks a lot - Now I know why it can´t work…

I got another Question, maybe I can ask directly here:

How or where can I set up the gait-velocity? I want to play around with different speed of walking.

regards,
rob

Hey Rob,

you can only change the Gait Velocity/ speed of walking by telling the patient in the Gait Lab to walk faster!
These kind of variables cannot be changed in AnyBody. So you have to find C3D files of subjects walking at different speeds.

Hi,

thanks for your answer. So I`m glad to make some Vicon-MoCap gait analysis next week. With this it should work, I hope.
In this moment I try to import test-c3d-files into AMS. That seems to be a little bit circuitous in V 4.0 - Is there something in addition to the AnyBody tutorial or the description in the Repisotory, which could help me. For example one problem is now: The Rep-model got 4 force plates and with that a lot of Forces defined for that. And my MoCap-data got only 2 plates. Is it easy to change this in the (I think) enviroment.any ?

regards,
rob

Hi rob,

Before AnyBody version 4.1, there was an external code for gait application.

Here is the link:
http://forge.anyscript.org/gf/project/gaitapplication/

But after the AnyBody version 4.1, this gait application is not supported officially.
Because after the AnyBody version 4.1, we have much more advanced solution for gait analysis using our over-determinate kinematics solver.

So, I’m sorry but I can’t answer about using this GaitApplication2 from now.

Best regards,
Moonki

Hi,

thanks a lot for all your answers! :slight_smile:

Now I have temporary the possibility to use the AMS V 5.1 and have another problem.

In GaitLowerExtremity and GaitFullBody the tutorial says (as described on top)
how to integrate an own c3d-file. That doesn`t work.
It says something like that:

ERROR(OBJ.FILE1) : C:/xyz/ModelSetup.any : ModelSetup.C3DFileData.FileName : Problem with file : C:/xyz/abc.c3d : The parameter names in the c3d file are not unique. Renaming adding _DUPLICATE_ERR# to second instance of a parameter name is done.

And if I compare my c3d file with the example file, I see that I have a lot of more Markers and analog data in my file. Could this be the problem?

Thanks und
regards,
rob

Hi,

To use GaitFullBody or GaitLowerExtremity models with your own C3D files,
then there are several thins that you should modify.

1. In ‘TrialSpecificData.any’ file, you should put the Anthropometric data of the real subject of your C3D file.

2. In ‘ModelSetup.any’ file, you should include the only markers which are includes in your own C3D file.

In ‘C3DFileData’ object, there is a property of which name is ‘MarkerLabels’.
So you should modify these marker lables.

And, you should use ‘CreateMarker’ or ‘CreateMarkerTD’ class operations to define markers on human model.

Best regards,
Moonki

Hello,

thanks for your explanation!

In the last 2 weeks, we`ve made some own MoCap gait-analysis c3d-files. Now I try to use the data with the GaitFullBody model.

After modifying the "TrialSpecificData.any" and the "ModelSetup.any" files, I got some more errors. Some I could correct, some not.
It says:

"ERROR(SCR.EXP1) : C:/D..n/a..n/A..n/A..y/A..x/A..2/A..n/M..s/M..y/EnvironmentAutoDetection.any : Defined At : C:/D..n/a..n/A..n/A..y/A..x/A..2/Body/A..n/T..x/M..p/ForcePlateType4AutoDetection.any : '' : Illegal operation for given argument types : 'AnyFloat[6][1]' '' 'AnyFloat[6][7980]'"

Obviously it have problems with my analog data. Is it a possibility to upload my c3d-file and start a open discussion about the needs of changing in it? I have the misgiving that after correct an error, the next is still waiting ;).

Thanks a lot to all of your guys!

rob

Hi,

Then I’d recommend you to upload your model in the ‘Debug model’ section in this forum.

Of course I hope that you would write the version of AMS and AMMR that you used.

Best regards,
Moonki