Help!?

Hi!

I’m having some trouble with the StandingLift Model. I’m trying to get the model to put down the aquarium to the ground or just as close as it can get. Right now the model stands with a straight back instead of the bend back it normaly has.
I know that the aquarium contains a driver funktion and I have already tried to change the coordinates but everytime i run the model, only the arms start moving.
I would like the model to just bend over and not bow its knees.
My question therefore:
Is there a driver in the lower back or hip which only makes the upper body move?

Hope you can help me

Best regards
Joakim

Hi Joakim,

This model has not been designed to put the box down originaly, so a few changes are needed. In the JointsAndDrivers file there is a driver for the trunk flexion/extension, it is fixed now but you can make it bend by giving it a velocity in the Mannequin file. I guess you also need some motion in the hips and knees. They are also fixed, so you can add the velocity in the Mannequin file again.

With that and giving the right trajectory to the box it should be ok.

Best regards, Sylvain.

Hi again!

Thanks for your reply. It helped me a bit :slight_smile:
After several tries, I’m unfortunately still having some troubles making the model bend over perfectly. I was wondering if I could call one of you guys and get some further instructions?

Best regards
Joakim

Hi Joakim,

This forum is the option we have for free model assistance.

If you still have problems please post them here and we will try to help you.

Best regards
Søren

Hi!

Ok, I will try to describe the problem as best as I can.
I want the model to bend over (only in the back) while it is holding the aquarium.
Everytime I run the model I get this error and it looks like the joints in the right arm is dislocated (look beneath the message).

Hope you can help me

Best regards
Joakim

1. Kinematics (Operation: Main.Study.Kinematics):
    0.0) PreOperation (Operation: Main.Study.Kinematics.PreOperation):
    0.0) InitialConditions (Operation: Main.Study.InitialConditions):
    0.0) …Design variables have been updated.
    0.1) …Load time positions have been re-established.
    0.2) …Kinematic analysis completed. The kinematic constraints have been resolved.
    0.3) …Initial conditions are fully updated.
  2. Kinematic analysis…
    Failed to resolve kinematic constraints (final kin. error = 6.701628E-001)
    Constraint no. 3 above error tolerance 0.000001, error = 0.000001. - constr. #0 in ‘Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Trunk.JointsLumbar.L5SacrumJnt.Constraints’
    Constraint no. 6 above error tolerance 0.000001, error = 0.000003. - constr. #0 in ‘Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Trunk.JointsLumbar.L4L5Jnt.Constraints’
    Constraint no. 7 above error tolerance 0.000001, error = 0.000002. - constr. #1 in ‘Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Trunk.JointsLumbar.L4L5Jnt.Constraints’
    Constraint no. 9 above error tolerance 0.000001, error = 0.000005. - constr. #0 in ‘Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Trunk.JointsLumbar.L3L4Jnt.Constraints’

And a lot more…

The end look like this

‘Main.Model.ModelEnvironmentConnection.Drivers.KneeDriverLeft’ above error tolerance 0.000001, error = 0.015473.

1. …Kinematic analysis terminated
    ERROR(OBJ.MCH.KIN3) : C:/U…s/J…m/D…p/A…h/A…2/A…n/E…s/T…2/StandingModel.Main.any : Study.Kinematics : Kinematic analysis failed in time step 1

Hi Joakim,

Please describe which drivers you have on the model?
It looks like you are trying to force the model to do something it can not do.

If this is a modified version of the StandingLift model then what are the changes?

Best regards
Søren