MoCapModel for lifting and lowering task

Hi

I have a few questions and I have encountered some problems with driving the MoCap full body model for a simulated lifting and lowering task.

Questions:

1. For this specific analysis there were no force plates used. Can I run the model without this data? If so, what commands do I insert into the ForcePlate input file. I have inserted:

AnyFixedRefFrame GlobalRef ={
Origin={0,0,0};
AnyDrawRefFrame drw={ScaleXYZ=0.4*{1,1,1};};
};

However this does not appear to be correct.

1. The motion capture data was captured using Xsens motion capture system. Do I have to create new markers or can I use the markers already established in the Marker file?

Problems:
I have encountered a problem with the TrialSpecific file in the input folder. It seems to come up with an error after I have added the C3D file and anthropometric data. I only changed the file name, stature and mass. I do not have the other segment lengths or stating angles. Is this an issue?

The error message in the Trial Specific file consists of:
ERROR(SCR.SCN6) : C:/U…s/k…n/D…s/A…y/F…1/M…l/I…t/TrialSpecificData.any(49) : ‘UseUpperExtremities’ : Unexpected character.

The error message in the main model consists of:
ERROR(SCR.SCN1) : C:/U…s/k…n/D…s/A…y/F…1/M…l/MoCap_FullBody.main.any(1) : Cannot open file : C:\Users\kirsten.huysamen\Documents\Anybody technology\Frank 011\libdef.any

Could you please help me. I have loaded the file as an attachment.

Regards,
Kirsten

Hello Kristen. Welcome to the forum.

First this error: ERROR(SCR.SCN1) : C:/U…s/k…n/D…s/A…y/F…1/M…l/MoCap_FullBody.main.any(1) : Cannot open file : C:\Users\kirsten.huysamen\Documents\Anybody technology\Frank 011\libdef.any

The reason for why this happens is that you do not have the libdef.any file in the Frank 011 folder. If you go to …Application/Examples/, you will see the libdef.any file. Please copy that file and place it in the Frank 011 folder.

Second, this error: ERROR(SCR.SCN6) : C:/U…s/k…n/D…s/A…y/F…1/M…l/I…t/TrialSpecificData.any(49) : ‘UseUpperExtremities’ : Unexpected character.

The reason for why you get this error occurs is because you are trying to run the model by clicking F7 whilst in the TrialSpecificData window. Don’t do that; always run the model by being in the MoCap_LowerBody.main.any window.

Now for the markers.
Yes, you need to redefine all your markers. I don’t know exactly what kind of motion program you used, but you should be see what markers you are using in the program. If you don’t, I reccomend downloading MlsViewer as there you can see all the data in the C3D file. When you have downloaded it, open up your C3D file, and open up video data. There, you will see all the names of every marker. Then, open up the Input/Markers.any file in Anybody. There, you need to state what markers you are using like this:

CreateMarkerDriver pHipOrigin (
MarkerName= pHipOrigin,

And then guess where the location is (sRelOpt ={?, ?, ?}) relative to the center of mass of the segment that the marker is located on (MarkerPlacement=?,)

I am note sure about your force plate question though. Maybe someone else here can help you.

Good luck with Anybody,
Háski.