Thoracic spine model

Hello,

I looked for the thoracic spine model in the repository, but could not find it. According to a student project, i.e. Development of a computer model of the thoracic human spine with an aim to investigate loss of stability in scoliosis, it should be in the below directory:

Repository.6.beta/ Arep/ Aalborg/ ThoracicSpineApp/ ThoracicSpine.Main.
Does anyone know about this?

I want to make modeling of the thoracic spine, and am playing with the standing human model. I noticed that in this model cervical and thoracic segments were lumped with the ribcage as one part, i.e. ThoraxSeg. Is it possible to get solid models of the individual vertebrae in this region?

Hi,

Currently, there is no detailed thoracic spine model in the newest AMMR.

In which thesis did you find this? Could it be that it has been publish independently from the AMMR?

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The name of the master thesis is Development of a computer model of the thoracic human spine with an aim to investigate loss of stability in scoliosis made by Aude ANDRE in Aalborg University. I found this thesis from the publications session of the Anybody website. Yes, I know that there is no this model in the newest version, but in a below directory of an old version I think.

Repository.6.beta/ Arep/ Aalborg/ ThoracicSpineApp/ ThoracicSpine.Main.

Kind regards,

Rıza.

Hi guys,

The thoracic model was developed as a student project by three very talented mechanical engineering students, Aude ANDRE, Sylvain CARBES and Jonathan LÁZARO RUIZ. The model is mechanically very complicated because the ribs connect the thoracic vertebrae with the sternum in multiple closed chains. The kinematic constraints of this system are not simple to understand.

I still have the old model, but it is no longer compatible with the system, so it would require updating to make it work again. It is also over-constrained to some extent. The new versions of AnyBody can detect this while the old versions did not check it as well.

I have attached the model and the report by the three students for your reference.

Best regards,
John

Thank you John! It will help a lot.

Kind regards,

Rıza.