BVH file Error, cannot complete

Hi Soren,

Could you please identify if there is a solution to getting these BVH files to run through the mocap analysis? I have added multiple as i am always receiving some form of error when trying to run them.

Thanks for your help,BHV files.zip (458.6 KB)
Darius

Hi, there is some error with your file. It doesn’t open. Looking at the error message it looks like the variable that should hold the location of the file hasn’t been assigned before the actual file.write is called, which of course causes an error. I am therefor sure it is a bug in the code but I am not really asking for a fix (even though that would be awesome), a simple workaround will do so I can continue exporting as usual.

Regards,
Lewis

Hi Darius,

Are these the same trials/subject you posted here?

If not we need to know the subject's mass and height. Are you getting similar errors as before?

Best Regards,
Christine

Assuming this is the same subject, Trials 1,2,4 run fine for me, what error are you getting? Trial 3 can be fixed with adjustments to the initial position of the body as I suggested in the post I referenced above, use this TrialSpecificData.any (3.6 KB) for Trial 3. However, I’d like to confirm with you two things (1) is the right foot position for the subject correct? (2) is there contact with the floor and left knee?–if so you will need to add an additional GRF_Prediction.

Trial 4 we are having trouble running due to the extreme motion. Is the subject completely balancing on the right leg or does the left foot have some contact somewhere?

Best Regards,
Christine

Hi Christine, yes these are the same

Regards,
Darius

For anyone following this thread please bug fix release mainly targeting problems with models using BVH files:

and more specifically how to update your old models.

Best Regards,
Christine

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.