Exoskeleton and Motion Capture Model

Hello all,

I am fairly new to the Anybody, and I had some questions regarding building upon a motion capture model with exoskeleton. Basically, I need to add an active exoskeleton (an exoskeleton boot) to the MOCAP model. I was wondering what would be a good starting point/model for me to build upon. Any assistance would be helpful.

Thanks,
Anup

Hi @ap21 - and welcome to the forum!

Your project sounds really interesting.

Given you are fairly new to the AnyBody Modeling System I would recommend taking a few development steps.

1. Adjust one of the AMMR Mocap models (c3d or bvh based) to run on your mocap data without the Exo.
  2. create a model that only has your Exo without the human model. This will help you build, test and debug the exo itself without the hassle of a human model on top. If you plan to import your CAD model from something like SolidWorks then our AnyBody Exporter for SolidWorks can help you a lot. In this step you can also add motion data to the exo if you have.
  3. add the working Exo to the mocap model you adjusted - preferable by a define statement so you can easily switch it on and off.

Sadly we don' t have any example models that use a mocap model together with an exoskeleton since exoskeleton CAD models are not easy to come by for distributing

Best regards,
Bjørn
AnyBody Technology

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.