FEA Tutorial Ansys Interface – xml file is empty

Hello everybody,

I would like to export forces from AnyBody for a FEA in Ansys. Therefore I looked at the FEA Ansys Interface Tutorial and followed every step that is described there. The AnyMechOutputFileForceExport class is working, as it is producing an xml-file in the desired folder. Unfortunately this xml-file is empty.
As a consequence, the APDL converter is not working as well, as it has no xml input to convert.

Here is my file export section from the main file:

AnyBodyStudy Study =
{
AnyFolder &Model = .Model;
tEnd = 10.0;
Gravity={0.0, -9.81, 0.0};
nStep = 5;

AnyMechOutputFileForceExport FE_out = 
{
  FileName = "files_in/clavload.xml";
  UseRefFrameOnOff = On;
  RefFrame = &.Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Right.ShoulderArm.Seg.Clavicula.localrefframe;
  AllSegmentsInStudyOnOff = Off;
  XMLformatOnOff = On;
  //AllSegmentsInStudyOnOff = Off;
  Segments = {&.Main.HumanModel.BodyModel.Right.ShoulderArm.Seg.Clavicula};    
};

// Overdeterminate solver is needed while using the 
// soft default mannequin drivers.
Kinematics.SolverType = KinSolOverDeterminate;
InitialConditions.SolverType = Kinematics.SolverType;

};

AnyOperationShellExec ConvertToAPDL={
Show=On;
FileName = "AnyFE2APDL.exe";
Arguments = "-i ..\files_in\clavload.xml -o ..\files_out -t ..\APDLTemplate.txt";
WorkDir="C:\Users\Biomechanik\Documents\AnyBody.7.3.x\AMMR.v2.3.0-Demo\Application\Examples\StandingModel_Vroni_FEM\AnyFE2APDL";
};

What is the reason for the empty xml-file? Is there anything I did wrong/ steps I forgot following the tutorial?
By the way, I don’t have AnyBody and Ansys on the same computer. Is this a problem when exporting the data from AnyBody?

Best regards,
Veronika

Hi Veronika,

Sorry about this problem, you are correct.

I have looked into the issue and found that this problem has been introduced in AMS version 7.3.1. The only solution I can suggest at the moment would be to use a slightly older version of AMS.
Please download AMS 7.2.3 this version did not have this issue, please use this version instead.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, the problem has been fixed in the up-comming version of AMS.

Best regards
Søren

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.